Responsible for the running of the Studio and it’s day to day functions, the Studio Manager will work alongside the Producer to ensure shoots and throughputs are managed and deadlines met.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Creative to provide all studio procedures and assets in accordance with brand demands.
- Reporting on throughput and team KPI’s.
- Establishing and commit to deadlines that work across the business including Own Brand & House of Brand alongside BeautyBay.com.
- Lead in house Retouch team to meet Post Production delivery deadlines, collaborating with the Art Director on quality and consistency of assets.
- Working with the Producer and Art Director to source and book models and freelance supporting talent running casting sessions and preparing proposal for the Head of Creative.
- Lead, manage and grow the Studio Team to enable development and identify where growth and support is needed.
- Responsible for Studio Budget, establishing the most efficient workflow, driving daily shoot targets, tracking expenditure and negotiating fees to control costs.
- Offer Studio resources for departmental collaboration with Media, Trade, Brand and the Creative teams.
- Be a brand ambassador for external suppliers such as model agencies, talent agents, studios and production companies.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to respond and be proactive, timely, cooperative and accommodating.
- Experience managing beauty and still life production in a studio and on location.
- Knowledge and experience of booking and sourcing models and the supporting freelance talent.
- Strong background and experience in Retouching/ post-production.
- Advanced experience using Photoshop to support ad-hoc projects and image delivery.
- Great communication skills, with the ability to manage relationships effectively across several stakeholders in a global organization.
- Technical understanding with the running of a studio equipment and maintenance.
- Collaborative and positive in your approach with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience understanding of the studio production process from beginning to end.
- Strong ability to identify workflow and process opportunities for greater efficiency.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Focussed, driven and hardworking individual who is great with people
- Strong background in Photography, Videography and working in a Studio environment.
- A passion for Imagery, Video and Beauty is a must with a distinct knowledge of e-commerce and the industry.
- A minimum of 10 years commercial experience is essential