BEAUTY BAY’s mission is to be the number 1 global destination for the young beauty obsessed and this exciting new role will directly be working towards smashing this target. We are on the lookout for somebody dedicated to pushing boundaries in digital retailing who thrives on creative collaboration.
Line managed by the Art Director and reporting into the Creative Manager, as Junior Art Director you’ll work within the wider Creative and Studio teams to ensure ideation of our digital content is innovative no matter how big or small the brief. Our visual assets, whether photography or video, need to instantly grab the attention of our beauty obsessed, digitally savvy customer whilst meeting our storytelling and commercial objectives.
- Work closely with the Art Director from ideation through to production, executing innovative photographic & video content for trading stories on all BEAUTYBAY digital channels
- Maintain strong relationships with the studio teams, providing on set direction and product styling
- Contribute to creative brainstorms, supporting the senior creatives to interpret briefs and conceptualise visual deliverables that have a consistent visual identity throughout all touch points and executions
- Create seasonal art direction packs as directed for multichannel use, with consideration of audience and device
- Support the Art Director to oversee pre & post production of assets, with responsibility for quality checking BAU before they enter the workflow
- Manage the archiving and distribution of visual assets to channel managers
- Work closely with the Production Assistant to source, organise and maintain set materials and props
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are highly creative and innovative
- You have experience assisting in Art Direction teams, supporting from concept through to production to produce photographic/video content
- You have an strong eye for colour theory, set design, materials, composition, lighting and movement
- You have a solid understanding of digital asset creation for mobile led channels
- You have an excellent understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and CaptureOne
- Your portfolio is on another level
- You get beauty
- You have worked in or can demonstrate an understanding of a retail environment
- You understand and the importance of the balance between commercial and brand objectives
- You’re a confident and clear communicator and comfortable challenging opinion
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment where the only constant is change!
- Collaborative working style comes naturally