This role will support the Visual Merchandising Team in delivering a brand appropriate and enhancing visual proposition to the customer.
The Graduate Visual Merchandiser will achieve this through the successful delivery of effective product and brand positioning across merchandised pages, taking direction from and partnering with the Visual Merchandisers to effectively deliver balanced and commercial projects.
The role involves working closely with the Buying, Merchandising, Marketing and Design teams to ensure priority brands and products are presented effectively to the customer. Strong industry and brand awareness is essential to ensure we are reflecting customer buying trends and competing effectively with our high street and online competitors.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrate full awareness of the industry, brands, seasonal and consumer trends and show relevance to the company’s strategy.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers in the development and execution of brand launches and campaigns.
- Visually merchandise categories, brand pages, landing pages and products in line with the VM strategy.
- Constant monitoring of on-site product representation, ensuring all products are allocated the correct attributes to make sure that customers have a smooth journey on site.
- Creating banner briefs: strategically selecting products, content writing and ensuring all planned VM activity is in line with the ECOM calendar.
- Uploading product videos: ensuring all videos are correctly displayed and in line with the video style guide.
- Liaise with brands to ensure all necessary information is acquired prior to launches.
- Devise forward-thinking Visual Merchandising ideas.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Must be highly detail-orientated, deadline driven and able to multi task with strong organizational and time management skills.
- The capability to adapt to a constantly evolving working environment and the ability to work under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated as well as the ability to work well within a team and use strong relationship building skills across all departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Problem solving: seeing issues through from the initial problem to a solution.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies to enhance the shopping experience for the customer.