This role will focus on sales and cash ledger reconciliations and you need to have a keen eye for detail with excellent problem-solving skills. This is a varied role working with up to 20 different currencies across numerous platforms and payment types. The ability to adapt is a key quality as you will be expected to create new methods of reconciliation as the business grows and embraces new ways of transacting with our customers.
- Sales GL reconciliations
- Sales cash reconciliations
- Debtor ledger reconciliations
- Deferred cash reconciliations
- Gift voucher reconciliations
- Bank, Cash and credit card reconciliations
- Chargebacks and customer disputes
- Cash allocation
- Cash Budgeting
- Trial balance reconciliations.
- Ad hoc finance tasks
This role relies heavily on interrogating high volumes of data within Microsoft Excel so you will need to have excellent formula and pivot table skills. You also need to
- Understand the principles of double entry
- Understand how to enter accounting transactions and perform reconciliations
- Apply techniques to common and non-routine problems to produce solutions.
- Have good Microsoft office skills and experience of Microsoft Navision would be advantageous.
- A positive team-player
- A passion for finance
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Takes pride in their work with excellent attention to detail
- Asks questions to understand the culture of the business
- Has excellent communication skills and the confidence to question peers.
- Is objective and transparent in their actions.